Workshop: Introduction to 3D CAD (with Blender)
(Generally, this workshop is offered at least once every week on a rotating basis. Check the DaBL calendar for up-to-date availability!)
File -> User preferences -> input -> emulate
Will make "Alt" + "Left Click" equivalent to "Middle Click" movements
"B" - select command
"A" - deselect all command
"Shift" + "Middle Click" - pan camera
"Ctrl" + "R" - subdivide command
"N" brings up dimensions panel
By the end of this Workshop, you should:
- understand CAD and its role in 3D design.
- know the differences between parametric and non-parametric in terms of software.
By the end of this Workshop, you should be able to:
- create and manipulate 3D objects.
- toggle between the different modes to edit models.
- change the position of the origin.