List of Workshops
Generally, most of these workshops are offered at least once a week on a rotating basis. Check the Lab calendar for up-to-date availability!
These workshops focus on design principles, and are effectively a training in Computer-Aided Design. Upon successful completion of a Tutorial, you will be able to begin digitally design objects.
- Introduction to Vector Drawing
- Introduction to 2D CAD (with Inkscape)
- Introduction to 3D CAD (with Fusion 360)
- Introduction to 3D CAD (with Blender)
- Introduction to Programming (with Python)
- Introduction to Electronics
- Introduction to Circuit Design (with EAGLE)
- Introduction to Version Control
- Introduction to Fabric Design
These workshops focus on fabrication principles, and are effectively a training in Computer-Aided Manufacturing. Upon successful completion of a Certification, you will be authorized to operate the equipment without supervision.
- Introduction to 2D Vector Cutting with the GCC Jaguar VLX Vinyl Cutter
- Introduction to 2D Laser Cutting with the Universal PLS4.75 Laser Cutter
- Introduction to 3D Printing with the Prusa I3 MK3S 3D Printer
- Introduction to Microcontrollers with Arduino
- Introduction to Machine Sewing
- Introduction to Milling with the Bantam Tools PCB Mill
These projects are short, "do-a-thing" events where you will learn a small subset of one of the other Workshops. They can be thought of as a taste of what DaBL has to offer!