List of activities
Generally, these workshops are offered at least once a week on a rotating basis. Check the Lab calendar for up-to-date availability!
These workshops focus on design principles, and are effectively a training in Computer-Aided Design. Upon successful completion of a Tutorial, you will be able to begin digitally design objects.
- Introduction to 2D CAD (with Inkscape)
- Introduction to 3D CAD (with Fusion 360)
- Intermediate 3D CAD (with Blender)
- Advanced 3D CAD (with Inventor)
- Introduction to circuit design (with EAGLE)
- Introduction to electronics
- Introduction to version control
- Introduction to programming (with Python)
- Introduction to Fabric Design
These workshops focus on fabrication principles, and are effectively a training in Computer-Aided Manufacturing. Upon successful completion of a Certification, you will be authorized to operate the equipment without supervision.
- Introduction to milling with the Bantam Tools PCB Mill
- Introduction to 2D vector cutting with the GCC Jaguar VLX Vinyl Cutter
- Introduction to 2D laser cutting with the Universal PLS4.75 Laser Cutter
- Introduction to 3D printing with the Type A Series 1 Pro Printer
- Introduction to Microcontrollers with Arduino
- Intermediate Fabric Design with Sewing Machine
These workshops are short, "do-a-thing" exercises where you will learn a small subset of one of the other Workshops. They can be thought of as a taste of some of the more involved Workshops.