Welcome to the Design and Build Lab's Knowledgebase!
The Design and Build Lab - also known as DaBL - is a digital fabrication / rapid prototyping / experimentation facility located in the new Don Myers Technology and Innovation Building. Its purpose is to inspire and empower students, staff, and faculty to create things to solve problems.
How do I become a member?
Becoming a member is easy. There are only two steps:
- Attend an in-person Welcome to the Lab session, where you will go over the Safety in DaBL.
- Complete and submit a Safety Waiver. Everyone (faculty, staff, and students alike) staying in DaBL for more than a tour must sign a Safety Waiver; you will be given one during the Welcome to the Lab session.
How do I learn how to design and build?
There are three pillars of knowledge that will help you in your quest:
- Creative and Technical Specialists, who help you realize your ideas
- Workshops of two flavors:
- This knowledgebase, which is a repository of all things Design and Build.
All general knowledge about safety can be found on the Safety in DaBL page.
Computer-Numeric-Controlled prototyping machines
- Bantam Tools PCB Mill
- Type A Series 1 Pro 3D printer
- Stratasys uPrint SE Plus 3D Printer
- ULS PLS4.75 Laser Cutter
- GCC Jaguar VLX vinyl cutter